Working at Rickmers
Career opportunities ashore
Professionals & graduates
- Corporate Center: Accounting, Reporting & Controlling, Corporate Communications, HR, IT, Legal Affairs, Treasury & Risk
- Maritime Assets: Asset Management, Chartering and Trustee
- Maritime Services: Shipmanagement, Crewing and Fleet Services
- Rickmers-Linie: Logistics, Terminals and Chartering
- Internships: We regularly take on interns in various Rickmers Group companies and corporate departments.
- Master's and bachelor's graduates: We mentor master's and bachelor's graduates while preparing their theses in collaboration with a department and with the assistance of a specialist supervisor.
- Working students: We enable qualified students to become familiar with Rickmers as a company by working in different departments.
Each year we take on new shipping trainees at Rickmers Reederei and at Rickmers-Linie. Further apprenticeships are offered at Rickmers Holding, e.g. in the area of IT or office management.
Trainee programs complement the Rickmers Group's vocational training offering. We provide young professionals a career start after university graduation with a focus on cross-functional insights into business practice.
The most important resource for economic success in a dynamic environment like the shipping sector is committed and qualified employees. To meet daily challenges, continuous learning and the enhancement of individual abilities and knowledge are of particular significance. For this purpose, Rickmers Academy has been established as a provider of seminars and training courses. Rickmers Academy wishes to provide all employees with expert support in the further professional and personal development in a variety of subject areas. The training program therefore consists of various opportunities to learn new methods and techniques, and advance the individual skills in three core areas:
- Professional skills (IT trainings, English/German courses, system trainings in diverse SAP modules as well as different IFRS courses)
- Personal skills (e. g. international presentation skills, communication and conflict management, work organization as well as project management)
- Industry-specific skills (e. g. introduction to shipping, shipping basics class, contractual framework shipmanagement, introduction to insurances, corporate data protection, travel management or vessel visit)
The courses are a combination of inhouse trainings and trainings conducted in cooperation with external providers. In this way, internal know-how is combined with external expert knowledge, providing a broad spectrum of further development opportunities. In addition, individual qualification measures such as the selection and organization of special courses as well as individual team mentoring and coaching sessions are offered.